Chrome Ships to Retailers
Montreal, Canada. October 29, 2003 – Strategy First and Techland are please to announce that their tactical FPS title, CHROME has shipped to retail stores in North America!
“Chrome is a thinking man’s shooter,” says Steve Milburn, Director of Marketing at Strategy First. “In the same vein of games like System Shock and Deus Ex, players must choose their weapons and ammo carefully, use implants to improve their performance and know when to come in with guns blazing or sneak in undetected. It can mean the difference between life and death!”
Mega-Corporations are competing for control of the Valkyria System and its most precious resource…Chrome. Espionage, sabotage and theft are common practice, and no one is better at it than Logan… mercenary for hire. Become Logan in this first-person tactical shooter. Wield an extensive range of weapons. Operate vehicles on land, sea, and air. Learn that one man, the right man, can make a difference.
Atari will release CHROME for the PC with an SRP of $39.99USD and an ESRB rating of M for mature. For more information about the game please visit www.chromethegame.com or www.strategyfirst.com.
- 5 kinds of vehicles at your disposal - four-wheelers, armored transporters, shuttles, and even mechs – all for you to navigate in the New Frontier
- Implants can be used to improve your abilities to become a “stealth assassin” or a “living tank”
- Over 12 missions set in lush tropical forests, rocky deserts, snowy glaciers, futuristic complexes, military bases and orbital stations
- Machine Guns, Rocket Launchers, Plasma Rifles: over 18 kinds of weapons for you to take control of your destiny
- Multiplayer mode features over 8 unique maps and a variety of game modes like Capture the Flag, Death Match, Assault, Team Death Match, and Team Domination
- Multiplayer allows up to 32 opponents to battle it out using every available weapon, vehicle, and implant a deep and involving storyline that gets you caught up in the convoluted politics of corporate sabotage, murder, and the ultimate quest for power
Techland is one of the longest established and most influential leisure software publishing and distribution companies in Poland existing since 1991. Techland develops its own software and distributes it along with software from other leading publishers. The company has a reputation for innovation, marketing prowess and professional service. You can visit their homepage at www.techland.pl
About Strategy First
Strategy First Inc. is a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC. Founded in 1990, the company has grown rapidly, publishing major games in the industry and simultaneously developing its own in-house titles such as O.R.B., Disciples II, and Nexagon: Deathmatch. After winning numerous awards for games such as Disciples: Sacred Lands, Europa Universalis, Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns and Steel Beasts. Strategy First continues to push the gaming envelope with its own groundbreaking titles, while maintaining its reputation as a unique alternative for independent developers seeking to market their games to a worldwide audience.
Reported by: Philip Roland