Wind Waker Remake

Moderators: Booyakasha, Marilink

1-up Salesman

Post by 1-up Salesman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I am so excited for this. This going to be so beautifully CJLDJALCJELMJAOCM

Seriously, this is such a great idea.

ThatDude100

Post by ThatDude100 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm excited about a WindWaker remake. I am glad to see that Nintendo is wanting to remake this. I remember the negative reaction it got when it first got shown. People were beyond upset that it wasn't the original graphics people saw. I will say, for a very different Zelda game, it's totally worth playing. I'd still like to see a MM remake though, both of these games are great Zelda games that haven't exactly had their time yet. I think most people are just expecting the next Ocarina of Time, and we probably won't get it. I do hope they take out that stupid Triforce crap though in the remake, just a way to have the game longer than it needs to be, and doesn't add any kind of fun to it! What happened to it, "You win! You beat Ganon! You saved hyrule! You saved Zelda! Here you go dude!"? At least in the first Zelda you got Triforce pieces at the end of each dungeon, i'd even accept that over having to go around for like 5 hours looking for a stupid Triforce piece.

adry

Post by adry » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Zelda it's for me a special game! I remember when i give as a present the GameBoy (not color version).. Game in the box : The Legend of Zelda:Link's Awakening.
It is the best game i've ever play!!
I remember when i've finished it! Like i've finish it yesterday, not 20 years ago!

Last versions of zelda not have the same magic stuff... but this is my opinion..

wonamik

Post by wonamik » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 am

so getting this game day one!

Deepfake
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by Deepfake » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:42 am

Congrats. It's past day one.

Checked it at the store today, but they want 70 dollars for it. Considering I've already played the game, seems like a lot to ask.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Kargath

Post by Kargath » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:06 am

Yeah, but repeat buyers aren't the target audience. It's been so long that there would be a new generation of kids to target.
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
-Clifford Stoll

Deepfake
Supermod

Post by Deepfake » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 am

Sound business practice doesn't make any difference to my wallet.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Deepfake
Supermod

Post by Deepfake » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:07 pm

I ended up grabbing this anyway, since it's Australia and the price won't ever dip significantly.

The animation feels so fluid, now, it's gorgeous. The colors have all been tweaked just so, and the increased resolution means more unbroken movement, all of the comparisons to high end film animation are starting to make sense to me. I suppose the somewhat off use of colors and the low resolution were originally rather obvious to me before, in that it always seemed like it was falling short of Dragon's Lair which it was always compared to. Now the environments, especially inside the Dragon Roost dungeon, really have an impressive and professional tone to them.

The game still has the same control issues it always did, naturally. Overuse of contextual buttons (A to roll, A to climb ladder, A to pick things up) meant that I took a leap off a tower in the Forsaken Fortress at a few inconvenient times and places. Chalk some of that up to the very pretty yet button-mash oriented combat which inexplicably has Link rolling a half-circle out the door, down the street, and up the hill.

If you can get past the most obviously queer things about the design, like how there are no proper homes on Outset Island or Dragon Roost, the game's willing to sing you a very bright and proud song. Speaking of which, I don't know what inspired the theme to Dragon Roost (which sounds like it was ripped straight from a Chrono Trigger sequel) but it's probably the best and most coherent original theme written in the series since the Song of Storms.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 am

Playing through this. I'm at the Fire Temple.

Gotta say, not quite as great as I remember but that's time for ya. Still fun.

BigTanookiSuit

Post by BigTanookiSuit » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:40 pm

WW was never my fav. Zelda because it was too easy, but being able to start it in Hero Mode was a nice addition.

Sir Bolt the Dragoon

Post by Sir Bolt the Dragoon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:05 am

EPIC BUMP.

I am having a bad time controlling this game. Aiming from one of those flower pods is inconsistent as hell, and don't get me started on gyro controls with the grappling hook and boomerang. I tried turning it off, but how are you supposed to hold down the boomerang button and aim with the R-stick at the same time without holding the gamepad awkwardly? Kalle Demos was a bitch. Am I missing something?

Also, yeah, context buttons are annoying. And the game glitched on me yesterday where a flower in the Forbidden Woods wouldn't re-open its eye. I had to leave the room and come back. Annoying.

Other than that, beautiful. Aside from SS this is the only Zelda I haven't replayed, so that 10-year break is pretty much making this a new experience for me. Swift Sail++. Seriously, thank the gods for the Swift Sail.

Return to “The Legend of Zelda: See That Mountain?”