Pokemon Showdown

Moderator: Scarecrow

SephirothKirby

Pokemon Showdown

Post by SephirothKirby » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:07 pm

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

It's a website where you can create a team of perfect mons (no hassle with IVs, EVs, Breeding). It just simulates Pokemon battles at the highest possible power level.

The formats are separated into usage tiers, the most popular of which being Overused (OU), which has a wide pool of mons excluding a small curated banlist.

It's definitely not intuitive, the barrier to entry is real. But if you know the basics of Pokemon Battling, there are a myriad of resources available on Smogon to help someone adjust to the meta. Granted, playing to ladder isn't necessarily fun due to the ridiculous nature of pokemon (Para/Freeze hax, 70% Accuracy moves). And although controversial, I personally advocate for exporting/importing teams from the board for learning why people make certain team building decisions or meta calls.

Most of all I like it because it's easy to get through a game or two in a few minutes and there's no required registration.

Tier List
Example Teams
StrategyDex, which you can look up your desired Mon (or opponent's) to see what the majority is inclined to run.

Marilink
Supermod

Re: Pokemon Showdown

Post by Marilink » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Been a while since I Showdown'd. I should do that again sometime.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 pm

I know we were gonna do a Gym Leader thing here on viggif, but then nobody had time to do that. I've still got most of the information, though.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:03 am

smol Kat wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 pm
I know we were gonna do a Gym Leader thing here on viggif, but then nobody had time to do that. I've still got most of the information, though.
As far as I know, we only ever did one battle. I won, so that means I'm the Undisputed Ultimate VGF Master Pokemon Champion and we don't need to do any more. :cool:

Return to “Pokemon: Alola”