Kingdom Hearts 3: Get Norted

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: I am nobody

Sonic 5

Re: Just a hop and a skip until 1/25/19

Post by Sonic 5 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

I don't miss the days of spaced out releases at all. It honestly annoys me that Japan is getting it four days early. That's mostly just because that extends the amount of time I'm going to have to take off from the Internet to avoid spoilers.

My issue with RE2 is more that I can't see myself beating it in the four days between its release and KH3's. I hate to leave games half-finished like that, but KH3 won't be leaving my PS4 for a long time lol

steeze

Post by steeze » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:16 am

I think as long as we stick to VGF we should be in the clear. Youtube and Instagram will be dangerous. Gamefaqs or Gamespot will be treacherous.

I've always wondered the reasons that they would stagger releases between different countries for months sometimes with AAA games. Maybe so marketing resources can be focused on one particular region, then they move onto next region few weeks later. Something to do with maybe translating the game?

There's no way you'd beat it that quickly lol.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm

so i haven't played 1 or 2 in a while and i have no idea what's going on in the story

should i binge through the remasters in the next few weeks?

steeze

Post by steeze » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm

I think it's definitely worth the remasters. I'm playing birth by sleep right now and it's phenomenal. Pretty difficult on Insanity. Chain of memories was okay. I tried to rush through that just for the story. Then they have 358/2 Days as a two-hour movie instead of the game which is a huge blessing because that game blows.

This is well worth picking up. It's certainly do-able beating them all in a few weeks. I skipped over the first one because it's so boilerplate and rememberable for me. I've definitely beaten it more than once.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:19 pm

yeah i played CoM as a kid and I never cared for the battle system.

steeze

Post by steeze » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm

:D :D :D :bitnaughty: :bitnaughty: :bitnaughty: :rotfl: :headbang:

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:37 pm

steeze wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:16 am
I think as long as we stick to VGF we should be in the clear. Youtube and Instagram will be dangerous. Gamefaqs or Gamespot will be treacherous.

I've always wondered the reasons that they would stagger releases between different countries for months sometimes with AAA games. Maybe so marketing resources can be focused on one particular region, then they move onto next region few weeks later. Something to do with maybe translating the game?

There's no way you'd beat it that quickly lol.
This will probably be the only place on the Internet I'll visit for a while. Just as well though; all of you are the best community there is.

Most AAA games are translated simultaneously now, I'd assume.

I could possibly beat one of the scenarios in four days, but probably not both.
Calamity Panfan wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm
so i haven't played 1 or 2 in a while and i have no idea what's going on in the story

should i binge through the remasters in the next few weeks?
This is just my opinion, but I think binging the games at this point is a terrible idea. You'll get burned out on the series by the time 3 comes out, and it won't seem as fun. I marathoned all of them a few months ago and got a little tired of them by the time I got to fragmentary passage.

steeze

Post by steeze » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:04 pm

One thing I would figure out though is the whole Xehanort storyline. Seeing as the KH3 plotline is going to be largely influenced by the earlier games. Particularly Birth by Sleep. Xehanort is the one who drives the plot forward in each game. Whether you're aware of it or it's going on behind the scenes. If you don't have time to play or don't want to get burned out on the series, definitely look at this.

https://www.kh13.com/news/translated-di ... available/

If you take a few minutes to look through the diagram, it can be EXTREMELY helpful. Even playing the games had me confused sometimes with information that had already been presented to me because dots weren't connecting. You're at a disadvantage to understanding everything happening in the background and foreground of this game without digesting at least some of this information.

One thing that frustrated me about KH and Square in general:
Spoiler.
The secret fight at the end of KH2 against Lingering Will, aka Terra's lost mind. If you didn't play BBS you're pretty much entirely in the dark as to why this is a secret fight, who you're fighting, or WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! Really pisses me off how Square in 2010 was like, "here's a PSP prequel to Kingdom Hearts. It's not a main installment, but if you don't play it, good luck understanding every connection characters the next game has to offer."

It's so underplayed that I could argue that Sora isn't even really the main character of the story being told. Keyword story, not the game. Obviously, he's the main character his choices will affect the outcome of the story. But this is Xehanort' (and Terras) story.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 am

it's out today and if you plan on getting norted this weekend please get norted responsibly. practice safe norting

steeze

Post by steeze » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:10 pm

We still have four more days to wait, unfortunately. The title refers to the Japanese release. For most of us, we will be getting it on Tuesday.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Calamity Panfan wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 am
it's out today and if you plan on getting norted this weekend please get norted responsibly. practice safe norting
you mean like Aqua

aqua got norted

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 pm

(•_•)
<) )╯Aqua
/ \

\(•_•)
( (> Got
/ \

(•_•)
<) )> Norted
/ \

steeze

Post by steeze » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am

I'm currently at my desk at work. I am considering leaving feigning illness in order to play.

If someone posts a motivational Haiku about this. I will get up and leave.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm

steeze wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am
I'm currently at my desk at work. I am considering leaving feigning illness in order to play.

If someone posts a motivational Haiku about this. I will get up and leave.
the game weeps clear,
go feel simple and clean there,
thine sanctuary

steeze

Post by steeze » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:01 pm

I knew you'd come through for me. I just started playing. I have to say it feels like you're finally playing the cutscenes. I just started in Olympus. Looks crazy on my TV. Although the framerate does get a little sloppy at times.

Marilink
Supermod

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3: Get Norted

Post by Marilink » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Updated the thread title to better reflect the conversation. Consider this the official KH3 thread.

steeze

Post by steeze » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 pm

I'm digging the speed that Sora runs at now. Makes movement much more fluid. Does anyone know if there's any point to knocking the Hercules and Phil statues over?

One, in particular, is on top of a pillar right before...
Spoiler.
Hercules decides to peace out and leaves you behind right before the first titan starts hurling rocks from above like Kevin McCallister at the Sticky Bandits in Home Alone 2.

That was the only one that was a pain in the butt to reach. I had to go to the highest point on the wall near the little arch that you walk under and just mash the hell out of square.

Still, not sure if they'res a point to knocking them over. Why else would they leave them in hard to reach places though?

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 pm

...I despise Kingdom Hearts.

It is the anti-Dynasty Warriors. The un-'Cuphead'. The great adverserial non-'Slaps and Beans'. I mean, I love Disney, I should rightly love KH, but it sucks ass, and it sucks it real hard.

I am not the bad guy, here.
the eternal sneaky wriggler, twistier than god's own corkscrew, sharp as split lightning

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 pm

I liked it a lot more when I was younger. If they put DIsney on the backburner and focused more on Square characters, then I'd probably get way more into it, but they've been doing the opposite for a while now.

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:46 am

The fight at the end of Olympus is like a Platinum Games boss fight.

...not a Platinum games FINAL boss fight - those are their own tier.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”