Microsoft to do monthly video to promote Xbox Series X.

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

VG_Addict

Microsoft to do monthly video to promote Xbox Series X.

Post by VG_Addict » Tue May 05, 2020 1:04 pm

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/with- ... 0-6476832/
With E3 2020 canceled, Xbox is shifting some of its plans to create digital events to showcase the Xbox Series X, its games, and more in the lead-up to release this holiday season. That includes a new Nintendo Direct-style video series called Xbox 20/20.

These events will happen each month for the rest of 2020, beginning with the May 7 Inside Xbox stream that will focus on third-party Xbox Series X games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Each instalment of Xbox 20/20 will be different, focusing on things like Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass, xCloud, and more. They won't each be Inside Xbox events, either. With E3 canceled, its plans for the June edition are as of yet unconfirmed.
Microsoft is joining Sony in copying Nintendo Direct.

Since Nintendo hasn't had a major Direct in a while, and since everyone is at home, Microsoft could gain a lot of momentum with this series.

Calamity Panfan

Re: Microsoft to do monthly video to promote Xbox Series X.

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu May 07, 2020 7:09 pm

first look xbox series x "gameplay"

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri May 08, 2020 12:27 am

Microsoft is so boring that it hurts.
Last edited by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! on Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Fri May 08, 2020 1:17 am

I feel like Microsoft is aiming for boring these days. "You wanna play Xbox? That's cool. You wanna play on PC? That's cool too. Just as long as you buy GamePass and give us money somehow, we're chill with it. Everything's coming to both platforms." Maybe it's a lot of backtracking from the messaging around the launch of the XBone where they were like "WE'RE SO REVOLUTIONARY THE XBOX IS ALWAYS ONLINE AND IS LISTENING TO EVERYTHING YOU SAY HEY WAIT NOT IN LIKE A BAD WAY WHERE ARE YOU GOING"

PS4 beat it in sales but I feel like Sony doesn't know exactly what the PlayStation wants to be for a while, and with PS Now being inferior to GamePass and Sony dragging their feet on cross-play until even Nintendo was forcing its hand, it lost momentum down the stretch. Sony's messaging in regards to the PS5 has been so weird that Microsoft might just be waiting for them to do something stupid and capitalize on that (much like Sony did to MS with this video).

This is seemingly a misstep, and it didn't have to be. They hyped this up as the first gameplay footage for the Xbox Series X (XSX? Or are we straight up just shortening it to SEX?) and then everybody showed in-game engine trailers. That's not the same f***ing thing, and a company like Microsoft knows it. I saw this described as basically being the portion of Microsoft's E3 right before they do the big Gears/Halo reveal at the end of the show with a bunch of third-party games that could be cool but aren't going to make you buy a new console. That's fine, especially because they said right out the gate we're not seeing Halo until July. But if you're going to promise "gameplay," you need to show footage of... playing the game.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri May 08, 2020 1:43 am

That's true, Sony isn't exactly showing anything riveting either. In fact, they seem strangely quiet compared to Microsoft, who is at least getting something going despite it being bland. They might be distracted by their TLoU2 issues and derailed by the impact of the coronavirus. Sony seems to have zero confidence in TLoU2 as well, disabling not only comments on their recent trailer (understandable) but also Likes/Dislikes. That communicates a lot.

DarkZero

Post by DarkZero » Fri May 08, 2020 3:05 am

I might be more interested once they touch on some of the console's features. Like what does the sexbox do that the xbone can't?
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri May 08, 2020 3:13 am

bone and sex are synonymous so i assume theyre the same thing

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”