Page 7 of 9

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:36 pm
by X-3
massive bump for teaser trailer

IGN Video: Sonic & The Black Knight Nintendo Wii Trailer - TGS 2008: Trailer

Main theme is better than Secret's Rings, at least.

oh, and I'm not so against it right now. eh.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 pm
by 1-up Salesman
X-3 wrote:massive bump for teaser trailer

IGN Video: Sonic & The Black Knight Nintendo Wii Trailer - TGS 2008: Trailer

Main theme is better than Secret's Rings, at least.

oh, and I'm not so against it right now. eh.
Crap, the video won't show up for me.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:51 am
by spooky scary bearatons
Yeah - I saw this a while back, I'm intrested.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:19 am
by X-3
New NP has some info on it. Haven't read through, but there's a screenshot of Sonic fighting Knuckles. Knuckles is wearing a dorky helmet, and is dual-wielding swords. He's apparently known as, "Sir Gawain".

more later

-Sonic is summoned into the world during...a chili-dog feast?
-control stick used to move. Swing Wiimote to slash. A button probably homing attack.
-greater emphasis on combat.
-three fighting styles: Cavalier=speed, Paladin=strength, Knight=balance.
-new skills can be acquired by performing well in levels, some from Secret Rings.
-depending on fighting style, you'll get different skills: like a shield-breaker for Paladins.
-Z is used to block.
-B can be used to unleash powerful attacks.
-Sonic can be equipped things to effect stats.
-some areas:
Misty Lake
Camelot Castle
Molten Mine
Titanic Plain
-each stage has 6-9 mission, like Secret Rings.
-there are apparently two paths through the game.
-Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are apparently Knights of the Round Table, who will work for the corrupted Arthur(now Black Knight), until you defeat them in duels. They then become optional playable characters.
-Tails acts as a blacksmith for you, and can make new items during your quest.
-You have chivalry rank: goes up or down depending on how you treat NPCs. You can apparently slay said NPCs.
-Multiplayer modes, like Battle mode or Survival mode. There are solo missions for ranked online challenges.
-Game comes out in March.

Looks kinda promising, to be honest.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:43 am
by Speed
X-3 wrote:New NP has some info on it. Haven't read through, but there's a screenshot of Sonic fighting Knuckles. Knuckles is wearing a dorky helmet, and is dual-wielding swords. He's apparently known as, "Sir Gawain".

more later

-Sonic is summoned into the world during...a chili-dog feast?
-control stick used to move. Swing Wiimote to slash. A button probably homing attack.
-greater emphasis on combat.
-three fighting styles: Cavalier=speed, Paladin=strength, Knight=balance.
-new skills can be acquired by performing well in levels, some from Secret Rings.
-depending on fighting style, you'll get different skills: like a shield-breaker for Paladins.
-Z is used to block.
-B can be used to unleash powerful attacks.
-Sonic can be equipped things to effect stats.
-some areas:
Misty Lake
Camelot Castle
Molten Mine
Titanic Plain
-each stage has 6-9 mission, like Secret Rings.
-there are apparently two paths through the game.
-Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are apparently Knights of the Round Table, who will work for the corrupted Arthur(now Black Knight), until you defeat them in duels. They then become optional playable characters.
-Tails acts as a blacksmith for you, and can make new items during your quest.
-You have chivalry rank: goes up or down depending on how you treat NPCs. You can apparently slay said NPCs.
-Multiplayer modes, like Battle mode or Survival mode. There are solo missions for ranked online challenges.
-Game comes out in March.

Looks kinda promising, to be honest.
Oh my god...

This may actually be good.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm
by Wicked Witch of the Crest
X-3 wrote:massive bump for teaser trailer

IGN Video: Sonic & The Black Knight Nintendo Wii Trailer - TGS 2008: Trailer

Main theme is better than Secret's Rings, at least.

oh, and I'm not so against it right now. eh.
SatSR's theme song is very catchy. I admit, at first it was annoying as hell hearing it ALL the time, but it's a good theme song. As for this one, it's good, but doesn't catch my ears too well. The gameplay looks excellent, though.

I just wonder if Blaze, Knuckles, and Shadow are the only playable characters... (darn it, Tails isn't playable again!)

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:43 pm
by Apiary Tazy
I may actually not avoid this like I have the Secret Rings. :/

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:14 pm
by Valigarmander
I'm not optimistic after Secret Rings.

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:35 pm
by 1-up Salesman
Secret Rings was lame. The gameplay wasn't the thing that made it completely horrible, it was more that Sonic was the only real character from the franchise that appeared. What's Sonic without Tails appearing here and there, or Knuckles?

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:04 pm
by Calamity Panfan
^ Sonic the Hedgehog 1. Which is a classic.

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:30 pm
by Speed
Pan-ta Claus wrote:^ Sonic the Hedgehog 1. Which is a classic.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Which was BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:43 pm
by spooky scary bearatons
Ω E-123 wrote:Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Which was BETTER!!!!!!!!!
Wtf you talking 'bout.

Sonic 1 + 2 owned the hell into Sonic + Knuckles.

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:38 pm
by Speed
THEGAMEHIRO wrote:Wtf you talking 'bout.

Sonic 1 + 2 owned the hell into Sonic + Knuckles.
*Hides the fact that the only Genesis Carts he haa are Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles*

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 pm
by 1-up Salesman
THE KARMA POLICE wrote:^ Sonic the Hedgehog 1. Which is a classic.
No. Dr. Robotnik was in that. And that was before anyone even knew who Tails or Knuckles were.

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:56 am
by Bad Dragonite
A video with crush 40 performing one of the new songs for the game.

[video]TXYPO-0LqVs&feature=channel[/video]

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:00 pm
by 1-up Salesman
^ That is awesome.

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:12 pm
by Speed
1-up salesman wrote:^ That is awesome.
Yes it is...also old, I saw that awhile ago.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 am
by Metal Man
I only played SATSR because I thought it'd be the only Sonic I could play.

Now that I've played sonic Unleashed, I'm not giving this dorky series of Sonic spinoffs another dime.

That said, as a result of this... diversion... I don't mind it being weird, 'cuz I don't plan on playing through it anyway.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm
by 1-up Salesman
Unleashed was a disappointment, or at least, on the Wii.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:06 pm
by Speed
1-up salesman wrote:Unleashed was a disappointment, or at least, on the Wii.
It was still a great game, but if your going to get it PS360 Version all the way.