Trials of Mana - REMAKE IS OUT! (p4)

Moderator: Deepfake

Auron

Re: Trials of Mana - REMAKE IS OUT! (p4)

Post by Auron » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:26 pm

I am having a very hard time deciding whether or not to make Riesz a Dragon Knight or a Fenrir Knight. Probably going to have Duran go Liege for the healing and Angela go Sorcerer for explosions. But I have no idea what to do with Riesz.

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Dragon Knight.

Sure, Fenrir Knight can cast debuffs on multiple people, but you're only using them against bosses for the most part.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:44 pm

fenrir knight gets a wolf tho, so do consider that

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 pm

FENRIR KNIGHT GETS A WHAT NOW

WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY (plus hawkeye) WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY

edit: whaaat i had to go light for her first class change to get fenrir knight this is ********

edit edit: NO I DONT the wiki page i was looking at swapped the sprites for valkyrie and rune maiden (that or the designs were swapped in the remake...???) anyway HELL YEAH WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Apollo the Just wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 pm

WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY (plus hawkeye) WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY

edit: whaaat i had to go light for her first class change to get fenrir knight this is ********

edit edit: NO I DONT the wiki page i was looking at swapped the sprites for valkyrie and rune maiden (that or the designs were swapped in the remake...???) anyway HELL YEAH WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY WOLF PARTY
to be clear, it's mostly just in the character art. I hope they made the final summon more wolf-like, though

original art

remake art

Auron

Post by Auron » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Its more like Fenrir Knight gets what's left of a wolf, which is basically just its head. She certainly didn't use the rest of the pelt in her outfit.

Are either classes summons better than the other, or even worth going after? They're both pretty dang deep in the Int pool. A pool in which I currently have 0 investment.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Marilink wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:30 pm
Apollo the Just wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 pm

to be clear, it's mostly just in the character art. I hope they made the final summon more wolf-like, though

original art

remake art
aww you got me all excited that she gets a **** wolf familiar out of nowhere. wolf outfit still badass though i accept this

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Auron wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:41 pm
Its more like Fenrir Knight gets what's left of a wolf, which is basically just its head. She certainly didn't use the rest of the pelt in her outfit.

Are either classes summons better than the other, or even worth going after? They're both pretty dang deep in the Int pool. A pool in which I currently have 0 investment.
the Dragon Knight summon (Jormungand) does damage to all + inflicts poison. Fenrir Knight (Lamian Naga) just deals massive damage.

At least that's how it was in the Super Famicom version.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue May 05, 2020 1:23 am

This has fallen on the backburner because my wrists healed enough for me to pick ToS practicing back up. I'm sorry Kevin I'll return to your journey SOON

Auron

Post by Auron » Fri May 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Apollo the Just wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:30 pm
vesperia is overrated as **** but for 8 bucks you may feel you got your money's worth out of it. people like it for some reason. it's a mess narratively and the battle system feels heavy and sludgy after abyss and symphonia. neat art style and good ost though
After playing Vesperia for a bit I do have to admit, I don't remember getting this irrationally angry at Symphonia's battle system. It's less so that it feels heavy and sludgy and more so that it's infuriatingly easy to get stun locked and bosses are juggernautic skill-spamming monsters. And having my artes get interrupted mere frames after I cast them and losing the TP makes me sad.

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Fri May 08, 2020 4:15 pm

OH MY GOD FINALLY.

I'm on a second playthrough (to see all the final bosses and the like) and Angela's Rune mast-I mean Seer seed took FOREVER to get. >:( there are only three Benevodons left including Zable Fahr and oh my god. -.-; I'd rather give her Rune Seer so she doesn't end up running around freaking naked.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sun May 10, 2020 10:22 am

Finally got to the first class change, at a little under 6 hours of in-game time. I was level 16 when I got to Harcypete, and I thought I would have to grind a little bit...and then after I beat the boss, I dinged 2 levels at once. Nice.

It looks like they really re-worked the classes in this game. For instance, I actually went Ranger with Hawk, because the stat boosts looked a lot nicer, and the class abilities looked more appealing in this 3D space. I think I've only ever gone Light with Hawk exactly 1 time in my 8-ish playthroughs of the original SD3.

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Fri May 15, 2020 1:30 pm

They really did - Light Hawk and Light Angela actually have some good things to them.

the only downside is that Angela has to have her stats spread all over the place no matter the class. Which seems iwerd until I realised every time Angela leveled up, I was actually thinking about where I was putting those training points. When I played via the ROM, it was just spam everything into what makes them hit harder, heal more, or hit harder. Do I want her to give her a head start on strength so I can get Reclaim (Which really adds up... especially since it stacks with Wood Saber), do I wanna go for this one since she gets access to TWO element spells whereas strength only gives access to Fire? Or do I want to give her an early Spirit Boost since she'll learn Holy Bolt and actually WON'T suck? Do I wanna go for this so I can get Diamond Shards the second I get Gnome?

However that's... not quite the same with other characters. Like, why would you ever give Charlotte strength if you make her go dark? So she can hit harder? Charlotte's generally only attacking if she has a saber spell on her - otherwise she deals more damage summoning creatures.

You can also reset your classes here, which is VERY good. (Wait, you mean Duran needs Spirit? :P )

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sat May 16, 2020 10:35 am

Yeah, the fact that you can go to a mana stone and re-set your class is super cool. Huge quality of life change there. And it actually tells you details about the class changes, instead of just "Are you going light or dark??" Which, I'll be honest, I kinda love that arcane nature of the old game, but that's just not how we roll anymore.

Auron

Post by Auron » Sat May 16, 2020 11:05 am

Don't you need a specific item to reset your class? I thought you needed a specific item that there are only a few of in the game.

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Sat May 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Holy damn. XD Edelfrei Duran + Warlock Charlotte + Any class as Angela can absolutely wreck benevodons. XD I fought the Benevodon of wind after FINALLY getting Duran's ??? seed (took you long enough game...) as one of the last ones and... I wrecked 3/4s of its health in less than a minute. Stone Saber + Charlotte's ability that makes weaknesses more effective + Angela = Dead boss

If only I had that when I fought Xan Bei imagine how fast I could have wrecked that piece of ****. (They're even WORSE in this version. -.-; )
Marilink wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:35 am
Yeah, the fact that you can go to a mana stone and re-set your class is super cool. Huge quality of life change there. And it actually tells you details about the class changes, instead of just "Are you going light or dark??" Which, I'll be honest, I kinda love that arcane nature of the old game, but that's just not how we roll anymore.
It was kinda cool... but let's be honest.
...8/10 people just looked it up on GameFAQs anyway. I mean that's why I built my party the way I did in the original. We don't really roll that way anymore because it doesn't have much of a surprise thanks to the fact everyone has an internet connection, and many of us in our generation are used to just looking it up on GameFAQs anyway when the game doesn't tell us. :shrug:

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sat May 16, 2020 9:54 pm

I'm with you, don't worry. There was something fun about that community aspect to figuring it all out, though. But it's definitely better and more accessible this way.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:28 pm

I ended up getting this, currently dabbing on the Bienedolphins or whatever they're called

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue May 26, 2020 12:57 pm

I dabbed on one of the Bienedolphins and then immediately got distracted and haven't touched it again since. I'm so sorry, Kevin. It's not you. It's me

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Thu May 28, 2020 11:14 pm

Valigarmander wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm
Would it be mod abuse if I renamed the thread to "Twiaws of Mana Wemake"?
Follow-up: would it be mod abuse if I renamed the thread to "Trials of Meowna Remeowk"?

Return to “Retro Games”