Explorer's Guild - Darren Ferrenos

Locked
User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

Explorer's Guild - Darren Ferrenos

#1

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:14 pm

You enter into the Explorer's Guild main building. Its located far away from your hometown and right on the edge of the world as far as most people are concerned; on the edge of the wilderness, as close as can be without going into the unknown. On the walls of the main lobby is a gigantic canvas with the words "Map of the World" written along the top; yet aside from that its entirely blank aside from a small spot filled in to the east; representing the plains you're in, surrounded mostly in forests and mountains.

"What do you think?" You turn around to see an older man speaking to you. He's wearing black clothes and has short brown hair and overall looks fairly strong. "We hope that we'll eventually be able to fill the whole thing based on our explorations here. So, why are you here then?

You tell him that you're interested in joining and he resumes speaking. "Well thats good; we could always use some new members here."

He points to the door behind him. "In the next room is our main hall. A lot of our members hang out there when they aren't off doing something, plus its where you'll have to go to be assigned to a mission; most of them are explorations of course, but we also take some jobs from the town as well. Last thing thats back there is the shop; you can get tools and such there and return them without much of a cost at all. Its kind of limited though, but there's always the shops in town if you really want to find something."

"Well, good luck with everything then. I've taken up enough of your time now, so I better be going." He walks away to the left into another room.

You're currently in the entrance of the Explorer's Guild. You can go to the main hall, outside, or to one of the side rooms. What are you going to do?



---Stats---
Name - Darren Ferrenos
Age - 18
Appearance - Darren is a young 5'10" slim man with a somewhat pale skin, brown eyes, and brown shoulder length hair; the front half of his hair is free to move about while back half of his hair is kept in a pony tail. He wears an orange t-shirt with light blue pants, and a light black nylon jacket with gray felt inside, containing pockets.
Bio - As a child, Darren loved to explore anywhere, from the fields of the farm he grew up on, to the many winding alleyways in the urban environment. He was often scolded by his father, repeatedly being told to "stay away from danger." That is perhaps the driving force that caused him to have a large interest in bows at the young age of 8.
By the age of 16, he had mastered using a bow and arrow effectively as well as developing amazing reflexes in not only his hands, but his feet. To this day, he heavily trains his agile body to move and react much quicker for he strongly: "if I can avoid danger, then I am not in harm's way."

STATS
-- Out of 50 --
Body (HP) - 20
Mind (MP) - 30

-- Out of 20 --
Strength - 4
Intelligence - 3
Willpower - 2
Coordination - 6
Reflexes - 5

--- Abilities ---
Bludgeon- Requires a melee weapon, less effective with slashing/piercing weapons. Strikes at target up to 5 times in succession and has a chance of reducing an enemies coordination from the attack as well. All hits performed are less accurate, slightly weaker, and cause some strain on the body (more so if you're trying to hit with all 5).
Precision Shot- Requires ranged or thrown weapon. Increases chance to hit at a range and makes aimed attacks more powerful.

-Equipment-
Short Bow, Quiver, Belt, Pouch
-Items-
Wooden Arrow (x30), 200gp.


Short Bow - 2 Handed, fires arrows at a range. Adds 2 damage to all arrows fired.
-- Wooden Arrow (x30) - Deals 3 damage.
Quiver - Holds up to 30 arrows
Belt - A simple belt; pouches, and some weapons can be held in place on it. Up to 2 items can be attached to it.
Pouch - A cloth pouch; can hold 200gp, 30pieces of ammo, 6 vials, 3 bottles, or 1 small item.

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#2

Post by Blake » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 pm

I'll go in the main hall.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#3

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 pm

You head into the next room, into the main hall. To your left is a desk with a women standing behind it; which you assume is where you will get missions. On the other side is a small makeshift shop; though its pretty much bare aside from a few items. The rest of the space is kind of like a lounge; there are only 3 people in there at the moment though: A young man in blue with a sword at his side, a woman in a brown cloak, and a fairly muscular man with an axe.

So, now what?

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#4

Post by Blake » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:39 pm

I'll approach the lady and learn of any missions I can go on.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#5

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:26 am

You go to the desk, asking about what missions you can go onto.

"Hmm? Oh, you're a new face around here. Well... right now there are a few places we're looking into exploring, but you should probably see what you're getting into before you all head somewhere uncharted. Luckily there's a few things here like that; or you could always just cover one of the ones from the town if you wanted too. Here's what they are."


Gathering Herbs - A request from the town doctor in Nilal; he wants someone to gather a couple of herbs for him. He mentioned the herbs are found in the Toruda Mountains to the north, so it'd be an okay chance to see some of the wilderness. You'll have to find him in town before you go though; that fool didn't really give any of the details.

Hunting - Another from the town; they want to rid the area of some monsters. Pretty simple, but I don't think it will have you going pretty far; they'll probably only want the monsters on the plains killed.

Gathering Info - This one's from us; we want you to go to the Lun Forest to the west and find out what creatures are there. The more we know about it the easier we'll be able to get through there and see what's past it. You may want to get someone else to go along just in case; the monsters could be tough, especially if they swarm you. Anyway, the more information you can get on everything the better; but don't worry too much about it.

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#6

Post by Blake » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:21 pm

Heh, for as beneficial as it probably would be to talk to the man with the axe, I'm going to talk to the man in blue with the sword and ask him if he would like to join forces on the Gathering Info Quest.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#7

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:43 pm

You go over to the man wearing blue; asking him if he would join you on the mission.

"Well, you're awfully forward, aren't you? Now, let's start over. My name is Eitel Laneis, and you are?"

You tell him your name and repeat your request.

"Alright then, I'll go with you. It shouldn't be too difficult after all."

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#8

Post by Blake » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:49 pm

"Before we depart, I would like to check up on the items the guild has for sale if you wouldn't mind."

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#9

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:13 pm

He nods and you walk over to the shop. There's a man sitting behind the counter: "Hey, you're a new face around here. Well, this is our shop, though really we don't have much more than a couple of tools and a few other things we picked up here and there. Anyway, here's what we got here."

[Tools]
Flame Seed - A small seed that can be fired by a sling or thrown at a target. Creates a fire upon impact with something. 5gp per Seed.
Torch - A small wooden rod, can hold a flame for a long period of time and can be thrown. 10gp.
Lantern - A lantern filled with oil, can be lit on or off and will provide light. 20gp.
Bucket - A wooden bucket with a handle on it. Can hold an item or 10 uses of a liquid... just not very reliably. 20gp.
Hammer - A small hammer; used for pounding down on objects, can be thrown. 30gp.
Shovel - A shovel, used for digging holes and such; takes up 2 hands. 30gp
Grappling Hook - A long rope with a metal hook on the end; locks in place if the hook catches onto the rope. (For swinging across things or climbing). 40gp.
Machete - A blade that can easily cut through thick leaves, grass and vines.Pretty good as a weapon too. 40gp.
First Aid Kit - A white box with a red + on the side; filled with bandages and other stuff that help prevent lasting damage. 50gp.
Rope - A long length of rope with a bunch of uses such as climbing up and down surfaces, tying up someone, or using it to tie together multiple holding items for more storage than you should need. 10gp.
Lockpick (x10) - Allows you to pick locks, which are totally common when exploring places never before touched by man. 10gp.

[Containers + Liquids]
Vial - A small glass vial; holds 1 use of a liquid. 5gp.
Bottle - A glass bottle; holds 3 uses of a liquid. 10gp.
Canteen - A canteen with a shoulder strap attached to it. Holds 10 uses of a liquid. 30gp.
- - - - - - - -
Water - Water, drink it or use it to put out fires. Free no matter what.
Oil - Flammable liquid; used in lanterns or for making sure stuff burns. 2gp per use.
Weak Poison - poison, can be placed onto weapons to weakly poison anyone hit. Effects are a lot stronger if ingested in some way. 3gp per use.
Antidote - Nullifies poisons and slightly restores health. 4gp per use.
Lt. Potion - A weak potion for restoring health. 5gp per use.
Lt. Ether - A weak potion for restoring magic. 5gp per use.

(...yay return of the list with some minor editing. Don't worry about space or anything either; it'll be covered.)

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#10

Post by Blake » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 pm

"I would be interested in purchasing a machete, a lantern, a first aid kit, a lockpick, two bottles, 3 uses of oil in the bottle, fill water in the other bottle, a canteen, and fill the canteen with 4 light potions. 196 gp is it?"

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#11

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 pm

"Sure thing." He takes out a fairly large backpack and places everything into it.
"Oh, and by the way, when you're done with this stuff can you return it? We only have a few things, so it works out best to make sure all of the other members have access to them too. You'll get all of your money back too; atleast for the stuff thats not in a bad condition, and in the least it's a lot better of a deal than you'll get in any of the shops in town."

You nod and walk away, taking the backpack with everything with you.

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#12

Post by Blake » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:58 pm

Darren hoisted the backpack over his right shoulder and strapped the bag below his quiver. He carried his bow in his left hand and went back to the lobby to meet his new partner.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#13

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:14 pm

...Sorry for the wait. Not so much being busy as it is just laziness. And in other news, I'm thinking of doing a normal battleclub along with this to try and boost activity here (That is, unless everyone here from a week ago left already...)

- - - - - - - - - - -

You head back towards the lobby and Eitel, who is standing by the woman who issues missions. He turns to you.

"Just getting some more of the details here. Well, are you ready to go or is there something you want to do first?"

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#14

Post by Blake » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:24 pm

OoC: Battleclub sounds good to me. It may take a little longer for my RPG to launch but meh, gotta take care of the real life things first. And I haven't forgotten about our Gunjin fight either btw.

"I'm ready if you're ready. Is there anything we to sign to confirm we're accepting this mission and the rewards that go along with it?"

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#15

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:47 pm

"Not really, just say you're taking it and its set. I've told her I'm going with you on this too, so everything should be set. Lets get going then."

The both of you leave the guild, and after an uneventful trip across the plains make it into the forest. Its fairly ordinary; tons of trees and other large plants keeping you from getting a good view of anything. You can't really see any creatures around from where you are standing.

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#16

Post by Blake » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:07 am

"Hmm, I don't see anything here. Want to proceed deeper into the forest and see if there's anything interesting in or beyond it?

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#17

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 pm

"We pretty much have to I'd say. I'd doubt the guild would buy that there aren't any creatures in the forest anyway. Lets go on ahead."

The two of you head a bit deeper into the forest. You see three slimes just ahead of you, 2 green and one red sitting out in the open; and you notice that behind them some of the brush is shaking somewhat. Eitel moves and watches from behind one of the trees in the forest.

Blake
Posts: 4659
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2001 1:00 am
Location: A generic place such as a house
Contact:

#18

Post by Blake » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:30 pm

I will also hide behind something and wait to see what is behind the brush. If I feel the enemy(assuming it is non-human) is approaching us I will draw my weapon and fire if it is about to attack me or Eitel.

Locked

Return to “Forum Roleplaying”