Legend of Gavain Selais (KB's topic)

Locked
User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

Legend of Gavain Selais (KB's topic)

#1

Post by [sage] » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 am

Name - Gavain Selais
Age - 22
Sex - Male

Appearance - Is somewhat tall and with an average build. Has short brown hair and green eyes. Wears fairly simple clothes.

Traits
------
Archer +
Survivor +
Natural Lore +
Melee combat -

Magic
Divination: 2
Abjuration: 2

Aeon
Name: Atlier
Bio : A spirit that takes the form of a small golden bird. Atlier is arrogant, somewhat rude, and wants to prove his strength; considering the fact he has to do so with Gavain as a handicap of sorts. He joined in a pact with Gavain willingly without saying much of a reason, though if asked he'd probably say out of pity.

Magic
Evocation: 5
Abjuration: 1
Bond: Pact

The symbol of the pact is two red dashes that form together at a point, like a pair of wings. It was placed on his forehead by Atlier so everyone would be able to see it.

Equipment
----------
Longbow (30 arrows)
Backpack (3 days trail rations, tent)
Simple Clothes
Silver Pendant (embedded red gem)

----------------------
It's a cool autumn day in the woods. You've been travelling for about two days, urged on by a vague sense of something magical, and extremely powerful out here. It seems to move around, because you haven't really been able to track it down.

Atlier is flying overhead, scouting around. He flies down, landing on a branch nearby, and says "Boss, there's a little hut ahead in a clearing north of us. It looks like its been trashed though. The door was busted down and there was a broken window. And I think someone's following you. I keep seeing something out of the corner of my eye behind us, but its gone when I look directly. "What should we do?"
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#2

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:58 pm

"I'm going to go check out the hut. Can you keep an eye on whatever is following us?"

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#3

Post by [sage] » Fri May 01, 2009 3:28 am

Atlier says "Sure. I'll keep an eye out. He takes flight and circles up ahead.

You head to the clearing Atlier mentioned. The hut is small, but big enough for two people to live comfortably. The door is broken down and smashed to bits, the window is shattered, with the glass being scattered along the outside wall. There's a bit of blood by it as well. You hear a groan coming from indoors.
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#4

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:27 pm

I'll check inside the hut.

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#5

Post by [sage] » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:23 am

The furniture is smashed to pieces for the most part. There's a little girl (around 9-12 years old) lying unconcious on her back in a pool of blood. You can see she's still breathing. She's got a knife embedded in her stomache.
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#6

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Remove the knife and then use Abjuration magic to try and heal her.

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#7

Post by [sage] » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:57 pm

You place your hand over the wound, and speak the words of healing. You feel the energy drain from you, making you dizzy for a moment. The energy spreads over the wound like water being poured over a flat surface and is absorbed by her body. The blood flow stops, and the wound is patched up, but she's still unconcious. The dizzy spell passes.

Atlier lands on the window sill and says "Somebody's coming boss. Their face was covered, but they were moving fast. They'll be here in about three minutes. He was carrying a bow in hand."
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#8

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:40 am

Have Atlier stay out of sight for now. Use the walls of the hut for cover. Try and detect where our follower is with help from Divination magic. And lastly get my bow ready. ...That should cover things I suppose.

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#9

Post by [sage] » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 pm

You don't really have any kind of focus to get a visual of him, but you can sense someone approaching from the west (the door is on the south side of the hut). He's moving fairly swiftly considering the forest's density. He'll be at the edge of the clearing in about one minute.

The girl starts to stir.
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#10

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:47 am

I'll just wait for a while. At the least until he's out of the forest and somewhat close.

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#11

Post by [sage] » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 am

After a minute, you can sense him at the edge of the clearing.

The girl looks at you, sleepily and confused. "Who are you?"

As she says that, you get the feeling that she is the magical presence you were sensing, or at least is connected to it.
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#12

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:41 pm

"My name is Gavain Selais. I'm sorry, but now isn't a good time to talk. Just stay here for now."

Since the person who was following me should be in sight now I'll get my bow ready and head outside. I'll have Atlier follow behind me.

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#13

Post by [sage] » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:55 pm

You walk outside bow in hand, just as the person arrives, bow in hand. He's shorter, but better built than you are. His clothes are meant to blend into the woods, and he wears a cloth mask covering his lower face. In a quick motion, he draws and nocks an arrow to his bow, pointing it at you.

"Who are you, and why are you in my home?"
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#14

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:30 am

"My name is Gavain and I was traveling by here. I saw your home, and with the damage it took I decided to investigate it."

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#15

Post by [sage] » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:05 pm

He looks past you at his home, suddenly looking worried. He brushes you aside, and immediately spots the girl who moves over to him. He picks her up, hugging her.

"What happened here Arya?"

"Three big men came and asked for you, daddy. I told them you weren't home, so they pushed me aside and started looking through our stuff. Then they starting asking me "where is it?" in loud voices. One of them pulled a knife out, and saying he was going to hurt me with it. I got scared and started crying. Than my tummy hut badly, and I fainted. When I woke up, they were gone, and he was here. My tummy didn't hurt anymore."

He looks at you, and looks at her.

"What did you see when you got here?"
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#16

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:41 pm

"Your daughter was on the ground with a knife in her stomach. I removed the knife and tried to heal her with my magic."

User avatar
[sage]
Posts: 18311
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 2:00 am
Location: Florida
Contact:

#17

Post by [sage] » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:05 am

"Thanks for healing her. If there's anything I can do to repay you, I'd be glad to help. My name is Kale."

Atlier flies into the window, and says "Boss, they're a couple of miles away, but there's a war party headed this direction. A large group of men, at least 50 men with axes and torches. I think they're setting a snare. It looked like they were encircling this place.

Kale nods, as if something occured to him.

Kale "Let's talk outside Gavain, I have something I'd like to discuss, and not in front of my daughter. Arya, stay here."

He walks outside, motioning you to follow.
Total slaughter, total slaughter. I won\'t leave a single man alive. La de da de die, genocide. La de da de dud, an ocean of blood. Let\'s begin the killing time.

User avatar
KirbyBoy2000
Posts: 6089
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:00 am
Location: NY,USA

#18

Post by KirbyBoy2000 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Follow him.

Locked

Return to “Forum Roleplaying”