I've been saving Bepop because I know it's really good. I feel like if I watch it, I'll crossover into the realm of "I've watched everything historically good." Just saving it for a special occasion.
smol Kat wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:43 pm
Maybe one day, not really in a place to start a new anime. As it is I haven't finished Gintama. I watch it in spurts.
Gintama was on my list for potential new shows but I've heard people trash it. Would you defend it's honor.
My top current shows being watched ranked:
1. Dr.Stone: I don't really know why I like this show as much as I do but it's one of those rare shows that I just crave new episodes. It's very laid back and if you're into science and the universe it actually doesn't feel like your rotting your skull with mind numbing Japanese animation.It's-well paced and actually funny.
2. Demon Slayer: This show is good for a few reasons. No filler. Strong story telling and pacing. Doesn't take itself to seriously. It's beautiful. Which is probably why it takes so long for them to crank out the newest content.
3. My Hero: Sue me, everyone likes it. Superhero high school has bombed so hard before. When it finally didn't they had my attention. It's such a colorful anime and the jokes are corny but the action sequences and the story keep me around.
4. One Piece: I would be fine if this show never stopped and just went on forever. It can be so brutal when they take 10 episodes for someone to move 15 feet and throw a punch though. They do plenty to distract from the slow pace with in-depth story telling. Character development? I'd say that One Piece has got all that and more. When they take their foot off the brakes and let an arc play out when you're near it's end MAN oh man is it good. You'll be chasing those highs and dreading those lows.
5. Bortuto: People hate on Boruto because they want a reincarnation of Naruto. It's over. It's been over. . The first page of the manga pretty much has Boruto say, "This isn't my dads story, it's my story." I respect the hell out of this show for existing. It's not easy to make a spin off as good as this one is. Sure it jumps all over the place but I feel like when it finally finds it's footing it's going to really dig in. The new Naruto arc definitely brought people back to watch it for obvious reasons. Fan service at an all time high. Still interested to see the arc play out and get back to the show.
6. ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me?: Show is actually hilarious. It's really well written. First glance you'll say this is trash but then after the first episode you are hooked. Definitely isn't my usual anime preference but just goes to show if it's funny, I'll watch it.
7. Black Clover: This is my show where I have nothing else to watch so I GUESS I'll watch this show. It's okay for a time killer. If this list is gourmet foods this is McDonalds. It's not great but it's good in a pinch.