Agents in Portland putting protesters in unmarked vans.

Moderator: Deku Tree

VG_Addict

Agents in Portland putting protesters in unmarked vans.

Post by VG_Addict » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:13 pm

America is getting closer and closer to being a dictatorship.

https://time.com/5868087/portland-blm-p ... ent-trump/
Federal law enforcement officers, dressed in camouflage and driving in unmarked vehicles, have been detaining protestors in Portland, Ore., according to local reports and videos shared online. Demonstrations have been ongoing in Portland since the police killing of George Floyd in late May.

Federal agents have detained and forced individuals into unmarked vans in recent days, two demonstrators in Portland told Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) on Thursday. Mark Pettibone, a demonstrator detained on Wednesday, told OPB he was taken to a federal courthouse and later released, but that he was not given any official notice of the arrest.

“I [was] basically tossed into the van,” he said.

Officers from federal agencies have been present in Portland since at least July 2, according to the Department of Homeland Security, which has sent units to the city. Law enforcement has also been deployed by the U.S. Marshals Service and other agencies. Per OPB, federal officers in unmarked vehicles have detained protestors since July 14.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: Agents in Portland putting protesters in unmarked vans.

Post by CaptHayfever » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:55 pm

Detained without being told why or charged with any crime, taken by undercover agents in unmarked vehicles who are there against the express wishes of state & local government. Anyone who continues to support this administration while also claiming to oppose government overreach & the police state is lying.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

VG_Addict

Post by VG_Addict » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:13 pm

^ Anyone who continues to support this administration is a lost cause. If they still support Trump after he put kids in cages and his botched response to Maria and COVID, they'll never abandon him, and it's a waste of time and energy to try to get them to do so.
Last edited by VG_Addict on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:20 pm

When I read that protesters in my own backyard were being seized by federal officers in unmarked vehicles I was skeptical, but I suppose after three and a half years of this BS I should've known better.

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 pm

VG_Addict wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:13 pm
^ Anyone who continues to support this administration is a lost cause. If they still support Trump after he put kids in cages and his botched response to Maria and COVID, they'll never abandon him, and it's a waste of time and energy to try to get them to do so.
Nah but didn't you know, Covid's going to disappear overnight after Trump forbade hospitals from giving CDC the statistics.

steeze

Post by steeze » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:26 am

I wonder if hospitals actually have to follow that. Do local hospitals fall under the umbrella of his authority? Pretty sure doctors are smarter than that.

Return to “Current Events”