Moderator: Valigarmander

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

First time you played a Mario Game?

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:02 am

What was it?

How do you rank it in your favs?

Mine was Super Mario Bros. Game still ranks in my top 20 favs! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

imported_Mario500

Post by imported_Mario500 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:40 pm

Super Mario Bros. 3 and it remains up to this very day in my top 5 favorite games of all time.

Mario500- Creator of the Life and Adventures of Miyamoto in the OG Story Forum
\"The Second Signature\"

Super Star 9

Post by Super Star 9 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:54 pm

SMB3.And was it the Bomb!BOOM!One of the top 10.

Super Citrus Man 128

Post by Super Citrus Man 128 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:08 am

SMB. I liked it probably top 5.(SMB3 is way better though!)

imported_Parrakarry

Post by imported_Parrakarry » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:42 am

I really have no idea.

I thought it was SMW, but then my parents informed me that I owned a NES... and Kid Icarus... and god only knows what else... lol.
Current Project: <a href=\"http://www.vgf.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbcgi/u ... 1;t=002379\" target=\"_blank\">VGF Warcraft III</a>

Estimated Completion Date: Depends on which particular project I decide to finish first.

SuperMarioBro#1

Post by SuperMarioBro#1 » Sat May 03, 2003 7:33 pm

I dunno, probably SMW or SMAS.

Fred's Mom

Post by Fred's Mom » Sat May 03, 2003 11:48 pm

Holy ****, that was a while ago... I think it was the original SMB, which is my favorite retro-game.

blakyoshi7

Post by blakyoshi7 » Sat May 24, 2003 8:42 pm

SM64. Ahh, the wonders of 3D gaming...

Mista Massimiliano

Post by Mista Massimiliano » Sat May 24, 2003 9:45 pm

I think it was Super Mario Bros Deluxe or Super Mario 64...

Ditto McCloaker

Post by Ditto McCloaker » Sat May 24, 2003 9:57 pm

We're talkin' Christmas Day, 1985, when a young boy who had just turned five years old woke up to discover what he would later realize was one of the greatest gifts Santa Claus had ever left: A big sleek gray box, containing a new-fangled toy that was all over television that year: a Nintendo Entertainment System.

Also inside was a box with a very odd picture on the front. Looked like a blocky picture of a painter clad in white overalls jumping against a white brick wall with some kind of blocky fiery red explosion. It was strange, mystifying, and the most intriguing sight this young lad OR his family ever lain their eyes on. Beneath this strange image, in big orange letters, was an equally mystifying caption:

Super Mario Bros.

No one recalls how long it took the boy's dad to hook that befuddling contraption up. It might have taken a few days. In any case, the time came when he got it hooked up, and he removed a gray cartridge bearing the same blocky picture, and orange title from it's box and slipped it in the front, and after a few minutes, figured out how to activate the thing (by pressing the POWER button prominently on the front).

Instantly, the family's small, snowy TV screen was lit up with what looked like a very strange looking cartoon. In funny letters, it had the words "Super Mario Bros." displayed on a giant orange sign, at the top, and below it, what looked like a cartoon landscape, with what looked like a tiny cartoon man standing on the far left...

The young man later recalls that he was intially frightened of this strange machine, which took over the television and could replace the familiar television shows like Sesame Street or Mr. Roger's Neighborhood with this strange-looking cartoon.

For a while, it was only father who tried to play it. He found that by manipulating the control pad's buttons, he could make the little man move across the screen. The young boy, watching wide-eyed while sitting on the floor surrounded by boxes and styrofoam, found it odd, at first, that it seemed the purpose of this strange cartoon was to make the man walk along the landscape until he met this little brown creature (that dad said confidently was an owl), at which point he'd jump up in the air, disappear off the screen, only to allow us to do it again.

It was a little while before they figured out that you could alter this strange chain of events by pressing a button to make the little man jump comically into the air as the owl walked past underneath. (It was even longer before they found out that the man jumping off the screen was a bad thing.)

Finally, scared but still curious, the little boy tried his hand at the game, making my tiny progress, alternating with his father, discovering with wonder just how far the landscape stretched on and on, and at what strange characters came along as they walked...

It was probably over a week before they ever looked inside the box again and discovered a tiny black book of instructions which revealed fascinating and astounding dimensions to this odd 'game.' And the rest, was history.

And that wide-eyed little lad was...

...me.

[Paul Harvey] And now you know... the rest of the story. [/Paul Harvey]

[ May 24, 2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Shigeru Miyamoto ]

Ditto McCloaker

Post by Ditto McCloaker » Wed May 28, 2003 9:05 pm

*waits for applause*

[cricket]chirp[/cricket]

Return to “Super Mario Bros.: All Posters Post Posts”