Brick walls in video games.

Moderator: X-3

Mario500

Re: Brick walls in video games.

Post by Mario500 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 am

Valigarmander wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:51 pm
That is to say, the part of the game where you find yourself stuck and unable to progress.

When I was a little brat I loved Donkey Kong 64. I played it constantly, explored every level, collected nearly every collectible in that bloated damn collectathon of a game. But the one thing I was never able to do as a kid was beat the Donkey Kong arcade game. I could beat all of the level bosses, I could find nearly every Gold Banana, I could even beat the Jetpac minigame. But I could not. Beat. ****. Donkey Kong. And since the collectible you win from it is necessary for accessing the final boss and completing the game, I ended up losing interest and dropping DK64 because the very last item I needed to collect was guarded by an old arcade game that young Val was too casual to beat.

It was about a decade later before I returned to the game, and I had no problem beating the arcade game then. :shrug:
I had often enjoyed the "bonus game" named "Donkey Kong" included in "Donkey Kong 64" involving a certain character named "Pauline" (I had often played it to achieve certain "high scores" and levels).

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:55 pm

ScottyMcGee wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:30 pm
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I have one last challenge I never finished. It's to complete the boss rush on Intense. Had I realized it was there, I would have used one of the hammer things to break it open and not actually do it. But I used up all my hammers. I actually am able to reach Tabuu with Captain Falcon. But Tabuu on Intense is nigh impossible.
I don't think that one can be hammered anyway.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Lord_Zack
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, the Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Lord_Zack » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Unfortunately I never did get past that arcade game and I am not sure I have access to Donkey Kong 64 anymore.

steeze

Post by steeze » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:49 am

Chapter 6 of Final Fantasy 13.

I've tried to play this game three times and never made it past that chapter because I get completely and utterly bored of the boring characters and their complaining and put it down for something else.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:15 pm

I've been trying SNES games I never played and I forgot just how tough games for classic systems often were. I'm stuck on stage 2 of Go Go Ackman, a neat platformer, but it is way too tough. I don't have a fraction of the patience I had as a kid, I'm sure I could eventually pass it but no thanks. First stage is cool though.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Ikaruga was almost immediately too hard for my liking. Less a single brick wall than an entire brick house bereft of doors or windows that might let me get into it.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”