Coronavirus/COVID-19

Moderator: Deku Tree

User avatar
Apollo the Just
Moderator
Posts: 16064
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Piccolo is Gohan's Real Dad
Has thanked: 588 times
Been thanked: 795 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#341

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu May 21, 2020 6:17 pm

so i skipped the last 2 pages and have no intention to read what i missed, just kind of popping in with an update since my work directly works with highly vulnerable communities and there have been unique challenges.

one such challenge is we just set up a registration for open COVID-19 testing for these communities, and the vendor who worked with us to set up this registration requires clients to use a certain free e-mail provider to register, and this certain free e-mail provider's accounts require unique phone numbers to set up.

take a guess as to what proportion of the homeless population has a unique phone number to sign up for an account with this e-mail provider so they can register for COVID testing. bit of an oversight on the part of our vendor, you could say. :^)

User avatar
I REALLY HATE POKEMON!
Posts: 30697
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2000 1:00 am
Location: California, U.S.A
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#342

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri May 22, 2020 1:17 am

At least in California it should actually be high, but yeah, that's an issue regardless.

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#343

Post by steeze » Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 am

I'd love to be in California right now. Havin fun. Eatin apps doin whatever the hell. i. want.

User avatar
I am nobody
Moderator
Posts: 13842
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: -89.97814998,-42.2333493
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 399 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#344

Post by I am nobody » Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 am

Dunno, man, I think I'm happy living somewhere that's not in a permanent state of severe drought.

User avatar
smol Kat
Posts: 11798
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: a s s i m i l a t e
Has thanked: 935 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#345

Post by smol Kat » Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 am

Yeah, I can eat plenty of apps! I just have to get them delivered.
looking up into pure sunlight

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#346

Post by steeze » Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 am

Well, I don't want to live there. I just want to go on vacation.

I would really enjoy myself a nice little trip to Malibu for the beach. Head on down to Anaheim with my girl do a little Disneyland. Maybe drive to San Diego to have some fun.

Honestly at this point, I wouldn't even mind a Florida trip. At least there's really good fishing trips to go on, aquariums, theme parks. YA BOY NEEDS TO GET OUTTA HERE

User avatar
smol Kat
Posts: 11798
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: a s s i m i l a t e
Has thanked: 935 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#347

Post by smol Kat » Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am

I feel you but also am too busy with moving to even think about vacations
looking up into pure sunlight

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#348

Post by steeze » Fri May 22, 2020 11:31 am

If you think about it. Moving is just a vacation you never come home from. Image

User avatar
Apollo the Just
Moderator
Posts: 16064
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Piccolo is Gohan's Real Dad
Has thanked: 588 times
Been thanked: 795 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#349

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

steeze wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 am
Well, I don't want to live there. I just want to go on vacation.

I would really enjoy myself a nice little trip to Malibu for the beach. Head on down to Anaheim with my girl do a little Disneyland. Maybe drive to San Diego to have some fun.

Honestly at this point, I wouldn't even mind a Florida trip. At least there's really good fishing trips to go on, aquariums, theme parks. YA BOY NEEDS TO GET OUTTA HERE
hahahahaha this guy thinks driving in SoCal is fun

User avatar
I am nobody
Moderator
Posts: 13842
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: -89.97814998,-42.2333493
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 399 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#350

Post by I am nobody » Fri May 22, 2020 1:23 pm

how could it not be with so much sand to look at

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#351

Post by steeze » Sat May 23, 2020 3:33 pm

@Apollo the Just I've never minded. Driving through midtown manhattan over the years, you get accustomed to the traffic and terrible drivers.

User avatar
Sim Kid
Posts: 13518
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:00 am
Location: The state of Denial
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#352

Post by Sim Kid » Tue May 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Trump is going to try and discredit Biden by comparing Coronavirus to Swine flu deaths.

Coronavirus: 100,000 deaths.

Swine flu: ≤20,000

Hmmm....

User avatar
I REALLY HATE POKEMON!
Posts: 30697
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2000 1:00 am
Location: California, U.S.A
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#353

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Trump being a bad president by merit of being bad/incompetent aside, he doesn't need to discredit Biden; he literally has dementia. It's not like when Republicans were blowing Hillary's stumbling around out of proportion or how Democrats tried manufacturing a narrative about how Trump isn't physically or mentally fit for office. Biden needs to actually be put into a retirement home, I wouldn't trust him with a rocking chair let alone a country.
Last edited by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! on Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#354

Post by steeze » Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 am

That's taking it to the extreme where it doesn't need to be. Politicians have gafs. My grandpa has dementia, my other grandma has dementia. I've volunteered at their communities. Dementia isn't something that you can run for president with. Dementia is something you notice almost instantaneously. What we're see in politicians; presidents and presidential candidates is sleep deprivation and stress. They're being pulled from event to event. In between that it's meetings upon meetings. Sleep on the go, food on the go, stress levels through the roof, constant posturing for media. Historically the media has tried to give most candidates and presidents a fair shake because everyone understood this. We saw it with McCain, we saw it with Bush, we saw it with Obama and Romney even and they are eloquent speakers.

The only reason the Democrats have pushed the unfit for office thing is because of the polarization of politics and the fact that we have someone holding office who has no qualms with attacking opponents and private citizens on a social media platform. Distasteful or not it doesn't make him physically unfit for office. There's no more 'passes' by the media.

Think for yourself for a change don't just parrot campaign propaganda narratives back at us. You don't have to sugarcoat it. No one cares if you're a republican. I certainly don't care if you're a Trump fan, to each his own. Someone who really wants to come to an understanding about this country will never come to that understanding if they're blocked by cognitive dissonance when doing research. Get on both sides. Compare the facts. See who's morally justified and mentally qualified to make statements you believe in otherwise you're just another dude sippin the koolaid brotha.

This is in no way me saying Trump has had a fair shake on the gaf train. He hasn't. When you make an enemy of multiple news networks though, you kind of deserve it. It's like Geoffrey Chaucer says in a Knights Tale, "I will eviscerate you in fiction. I was naked for a day. You will be naked for eternity." That's the direction the media ran with.

User avatar
Shane
Administrator
Posts: 141294
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 1999 11:42 pm
Location: St. Upidtown
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 111 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#355

Post by Shane » Wed May 27, 2020 11:01 am

Trump said Biden's handling of the swine flu was a disaster. Any comparison is coming from the media. I couldn't say whether there is any merit to such a claim, as I only vaguely recall the swine flu. This one is more deadly, and presumably would have been regardless of the response. Though the CDC did estimate that there were actually 15 times as many deaths from the swine flu than actually reported, since their guidelines were that a positive test was required, whereas for COVID, no test is required at all.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#356

Post by steeze » Wed May 27, 2020 11:22 am

Shane wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:01 am
Trump said Biden's handling of the swine flu was a disaster. I couldn't say whether there is any merit to such a claim, as I only vaguely recall the swine flu. This one is more deadly, and presumably would have been regardless of the response. Though the CDC did estimate that there were actually 15 times as many deaths from the swine flu than actually reported, since their guidelines were that a positive test was required, whereas for COVID, no test is required at all.
Comparing apples to oranges really. Different disease. Different global response. Clearly one is worse than the other. Don't have to be an expert on empirical evidence to figure that out. I'm just wondering why the transparency and timing of that statement doesn't throw up any flags with his base.

Could probably come up with 200 lies in 20 minutes. Between his 'hyperbole' and his go-to, "a lot of people are saying" statements, I think anyone would be hard pressed to come up with 200 true statements he's made that were related to his policies and actions in office. All politicians lie constantly. And he's not even a politician so he can't even do it well. If he mastered the art of doublespeak responses i'd respect it more than obvious deflections and mistake-truths. That's just me though. I don't appreciate it when someone tries to insult my intelligence let alone the intelligence of an entire population.

Just get down to brass tacks. It's obviously a bulls*** claim. Everyone knows it.

User avatar
I REALLY HATE POKEMON!
Posts: 30697
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2000 1:00 am
Location: California, U.S.A
Has thanked: 2636 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#357

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed May 27, 2020 3:32 pm

steeze wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 am
That's taking it to the extreme where it doesn't need to be. Politicians have gafs. My grandpa has dementia, my other grandma has dementia. I've volunteered at their communities. Dementia isn't something that you can run for president with. Dementia is something you notice almost instantaneously. What we're see in politicians; presidents and presidential candidates is sleep deprivation and stress. They're being pulled from event to event. In between that it's meetings upon meetings. Sleep on the go, food on the go, stress levels through the roof, constant posturing for media. Historically the media has tried to give most candidates and presidents a fair shake because everyone understood this. We saw it with McCain, we saw it with Bush, we saw it with Obama and Romney even and they are eloquent speakers.

The only reason the Democrats have pushed the unfit for office thing is because of the polarization of politics and the fact that we have someone holding office who has no qualms with attacking opponents and private citizens on a social media platform. Distasteful or not it doesn't make him physically unfit for office. There's no more 'passes' by the media.

Think for yourself for a change don't just parrot campaign propaganda narratives back at us. You don't have to sugarcoat it. No one cares if you're a republican. I certainly don't care if you're a Trump fan, to each his own. Someone who really wants to come to an understanding about this country will never come to that understanding if they're blocked by cognitive dissonance when doing research. Get on both sides. Compare the facts. See who's morally justified and mentally qualified to make statements you believe in otherwise you're just another dude sippin the koolaid brotha.

This is in no way me saying Trump has had a fair shake on the gaf train. He hasn't. When you make an enemy of multiple news networks though, you kind of deserve it. It's like Geoffrey Chaucer says in a Knights Tale, "I will eviscerate you in fiction. I was naked for a day. You will be naked for eternity." That's the direction the media ran with.
Anyone can see Biden isn't just having some "gafs" because he ate fast food and didn't get his nap, but feel free to believe otherwise.

I always think little rants like the one you went on are funny coming from people who skew liberal. The lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze me. Literally saying Trump deserves fake news narratives toward the end of it is just...

Image

User avatar
Shane
Administrator
Posts: 141294
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 1999 11:42 pm
Location: St. Upidtown
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 111 times
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#358

Post by Shane » Wed May 27, 2020 5:46 pm

This could well end up being the biggest topic of the 2020 election. I'd be surprised if both candidates didn't make it political, although I wouldn't have predicted it morphing into being so political among the population as a whole. Maybe it should have been obvious considering how divided we have been for many years. It's possible it will die down by then. Hopefully it will just fade on its own over the course of the summer. Even then, some of the consequences could be felt for decades.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

User avatar
Sim Kid
Posts: 13518
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:00 am
Location: The state of Denial
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#359

Post by Sim Kid » Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 pm

steeze wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 am
The only reason the Democrats have pushed the unfit for office thing is because of the polarization of politics and the fact that we have someone holding office who has no qualms with attacking opponents and private citizens on a social media platform. Distasteful or not it doesn't make him physically unfit for office. There's no more 'passes' by the media.

I mean, honestly, all the attack ads we need are just the fact checks on his twitter feed or to show all his narcissistic meltdowns.

User avatar
steeze
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am
Location: Konoha
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

#360

Post by steeze » Thu May 28, 2020 10:33 am

No self-awareness would be me, day after day trying to downplay my infatuation with the GOP, which I'm not. I'm a registered independent. Evenly split down the middle on most of their talking points. Between the welfare, guns, taxes, spending, and healthcare policies where I lean red and the abortion, immigration, environment, and energy where I dip into the blue. That's an even split I'd say. My stance has always been clear.

I guess these days if you don't support the trump train you must be a screaming lib. The death of logic.

I said when you attack organizations and then expect them to be your best pals you deserve it. Just like if you stuck your hand in a mousetrap and it snapped on your fingers you deserve it. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I could care less, I don't watch the news.

It's called the news for a reason. There's 4 years of Trump gafs archived on youtube. Could always just post a link then which you'd probably roll over on and just change the topic real quick. That would be unproductive though because it doesn't matter. It's just media-saturated slop with no purpose other than slander.

We all know you like Trump man. I certainly don't care if you support him.

Post Reply

Return to “Current Events”